Monday, June 09, 2014

Singing words told me : "Never quit!"

Music makes life livable at times. But for me music makes my life. Songs make and break my day. I sometimes sing along and sometimes just listen with all the concentration on the music or the lyrics. Certain times music hide the lyrics and even after a hundred times of rendering, I fail to even remember the pallavi fully. Certain other times, lyrics go so deep into my heart that I'll listen to the song only for the lyrics.
Also a few lyrically beautiful songs make me motivated and gives some hope which were much needed at times. I sometimes think the music and the words are indirectly giving us all some sort of encouragement all through out. Fresh each time and new feel every time. It wipe tears and bring in some joy, wakes us up from the slumbering dream. Roars, yet softly tell us that's not yet.
On that note here's a translation of one such song, a Kannada bhavageethe by N.S. Laxminarayana Bhatta.  Titled "Istu kaala ottigiddu." This song though have heard plenty of time in the voice of M.D.Pallavi makes me apply it to any situation I face.
----------------------------------
"Being together and gelled so well,
Have we ever understood our consciences?
Having rowed a thousands of miles on the sea,
Could the boat measure the depth of it?
Forever, having bent so much, as if trying to hug,
Was the blue sky able to kiss the earth?
Having showed so many beautiful faces,
Could the mirror hold any one of them for itself?
Isn't this telling us : nature itself has many "tried and failed, yet trying" cases. Why quit disappointed?
-----------------------
Powered By Blogger